Friday, May 9, 2008

Give and it shall be given unto you!


I find it incredibly exciting how we give to the Lord and He ALWAYS gives back! But we give to Him seemingly with a teaspoon and HE gives back to us with a dump truck! The more faithful I am in giving, not only money, but my time and talent, the MORE He gives back to me. I was humbled today as I drove one of our ladies to a doctor appointment at the pain clinic. I honestly didn't expect anything from her. I just wanted to do that for her as a friend and sister in the Lord. She not only gave me money for gas, but insisted on giving me money for my time and "trouble" (her words). I tried to give the money back on several occasions, even waiting until she was groggy from the anesthesia recovery, to attempt it - but she continued to put it back in my hand. So I said Thank you Lord and accepted it graciously as a gift from Him. He is so good to His children!

It is our job to keep it going, not to stop up His blessings on our lives. We give to get, to give again, so God will give again so that we can give again..... If we only give to get, we stop up His hand of blessing.

I've seen this played out recently in our Saturday morning soul winning time. It is a time that we give back our time and talents to the Lord by witnessing for Him. We spend many hours and knock on literally hundreds of doors. The next day, our visitors might not be a family from one of the doors we knocked on, but somebody from another county or neighboring town, that nobody knew or had contacted! We've seen it over and over. God just blesses our obedience! It's our job to give and go, and He always gives a greater return!

My husband / pastor says it every Sunday from the pulpit: "You can NEVER outgive God!"

"give, and it shall be given unto you; good measure, pressed down, and shaken together, and running over, shall men give into your bosom. For with the same measure that ye mete withal it shall be measured to you again." Luke 6:38

No comments: