Friday, October 10, 2008

QUICK AND EASY CHRISTMAS GIFT IDEA

It's been so long since I posted on here. I thought I'd better pop back on and let you know I was still here. I've been busy over at my cooking blog, doing some downsizing and combining some things. I wanted to share this craft idea with you. It's easy, quick and inexpensive. Makes a cute gift for any time of the year.
You will need:

Small mouth, quart size, mason jar
Potpourri
*votive holder
scented votive candle
Seasonal ribbon

Fill the mason jar with the potpourri, nestle the votive holder into the top, add the candle, tie a sesonal ribbon around the top and VOILA! You have a cute, inexpensive gift to give.

* I found these votive holders at Michael's craft store. But you could probably find them at any larger craft store.My jar doesn't have a Fall ribbon on it yet. I took the Summer ribbon off and haven't found a ribbon that I like yet, to replace it.

When you give these, you could also add different ribbons for them to change out during the seasons. Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter, Christmas, etc...

1 comment:

Tori Leslie said...

How nice, I like this and it's so versatile, could be changed in so many ways!
Thanks for the idea!