Wednesday, October 29, 2008

A SMILE

I don't know about you, but I always find it so refreshing when I look at someone out in public, and they genuinely smile at me. This is something that I'm working on too. I've MADE myself do it. I've always had a tendency towards shyness, it goes back to childhood. I tend to be more of a serious, get down to business type of gal. I like joining in the fun of things, but it's not usually me that starts it - well, sometimes I do. *hehe* After 27 yrs of marriage, my Honey's playful side has kind of rubbed off on me!
Giving a smile to someone is so easy to do. You have to get your mind off your problems first, and think of others. Remember, there is always somebody worse off than you - and it may be the one you smile at today! You might make their whole day and encourage their heart to keep going, just through a simple smile.
Why not try working on that this week and see what happens! Just smile at everybody you see. People at church, out in public, at work, etc...
If ANYBODY should have a reason to smile, it is a Christian! But sadly, through circumstances, even they are caught dragging their lower lip sometimes. If you see one of those, give them a smile too! Because, we sure don't need to kick our wounded! Amen?

"These things have I spoken unto you, that my joy might remain in you, and that your joy might be full." John 15:11

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

A smile costs nothing, but gives much.
It enriches those who receive, without making poorer those who give.
It takes but a moment, but the memory of it sometimes lasts forever. None is so rich or mighty that he can get along without it and none is so poor but that he can be made rich by it.
A smile creates happiness in the home, fosters good will in business and is the countersign of friendship.
It brings rest to the weary, cheer to the discouraged, sunshine to the sad, and it is nature’s best antidote for trouble.
Yet it cannot be bought, begged, borrowed or stolen, for it is something that is of no value to anyone until it is given away.
Some people are too tired to give you a smile.
Give them one of yours, as none needs a smile so much as he who has none to give.

7 comments:

Susan said...

Canadians are very reserved people (except at hockey games), so getting someone to smile at you in public is nearly impossible. I've found that a smile and a word spoken in my very southern accent really breaks the ice! ;)

Marilyn in Mississippi said...

I so agree! A smile is a real "picker-upper" for most people!

God bless!

Marilyn

Mrs. Julie Fink said...

I LOVE smiles too!

Tori Leslie said...

Amen and Amen, there are way too many sour-pusses out there these days.

I love to see happy people, and smiling makes us feel so much better so why don't we do it more often.

Anyhow enough chasing rabbits, great post!

Kathy said...

I'm shy at times, but being in church & now ministry has helped me to become more outgoing. So..I'm definitely more of a smiler now. I even have the wrinkles around my mouth to prove it! (HA HA) I remember a quote from preacher that made me laugh: "Are you saved?....then try telling your face about it."

Aliene said...

You are so right. A smile can make someone's day. I have a little problem with that myself. wish I was more like my husband. He never meets a stranger and smiles most of the time. I guess for me it really takes practice. But i have noticed when I smile - I usually get a smile in return.

Anonymous said...

性愛短片性愛無會員短片性受短片微風論壇性愛短片微風論壇短片區後宮短片彩虹頻道免費短片彩虹頻道短片幼幼情色短片幹女人短片少婦亂倫做愛短片成人動畫(海賊王)成人短片下載影音下載a片成人光碟dvd做愛的動做做愛的動作做愛的高潮做愛的故事做愛的姿式做愛的技術做愛的技巧做愛的好處做愛的文章做愛的中年女子小說做愛注意事項做愛自做愛時血壓會升高嗎偷拍日本學生妹做愛體驗視訊收費視訊找人打手槍視訊打手槍視訊打炮視訊成人網站視訊成人網視訊成人站視訊成人視訊愛愛聊天室視訊愛情視訊情人往視訊妹下載視訊`體外受射精誘惑性交